concerned with how their 'Personally identifiable information' (PII)
is being used online. PII, as used in US privacy law and information
security, is information that can be used on its own or with other
information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to
carefully to get a clear understanding of how we collect, use,
protect or otherwise handle your Personally Identifiable Information
in accordance with our website.
What personal information do we collect from the
people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate,
you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or
other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our
site, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
Provide us with feedback on our products or services
How do we use your information?
1. Account Information: If you create an account on Engazo or login using social accounts (eg Facebook, Google etc), we may store and use your full name, email address, zip code, and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender and birth date. Your first name and last initial, as well as any photo you submit through the registration process, will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. You can modify some of the information associated with your account. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal by contacting us.
2. Public Content: The information that you contribute through the Service is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, tips, photos, videos, check-ins, comments, likes, Talk posts, Events, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and account profile. We may display this information through the Service, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
3. Contacts: You can invite your friends to join the Service by providing us with their contact information, or by allowing us to access your contacts from your computer, mobile device, or third party sites to select which friends you want to invite. If you allow us to access your contacts, we may transmit that information to Engazo long enough to process your invitations.
4. Communications: When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other Engazo users, businesses, and Engazo itself. You can manage some of your messaging preferences, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from Engazo. For example, if you make a purchase through the Service, we may send you messages about your purchase using the contact information you provide, including SMS text messages to your phone. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from Engazo or through the Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If you exchange messages with others through the Service, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to the operation and use of the Service. We may not deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages or requests to exchange reviews for compensation. If you send or receive messages through the Service via SMS text message, we may log phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on Engazo, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business.
5. Transactional Information: If you initiate a transaction through the Service, such as a reservation or purchase, we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, email, and credit card information, as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions. This information may be shared with third parties for the same purposes. Engazo does not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their services to you unless you first agree to such disclosure. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology. If you write reviews about businesses with which you transact through the Service, we may publicly display the fact that you transacted with those businesses. For example, if you make a dinner reservation through the Service and write a review about your experience, we may publicly display the fact that you made your dinner reservation through the Service.
6. Activity: We may store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, businesses you call using our mobile applications, and reservations and purchases you make through the Service. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and
known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe
We use regular Malware Scanning.
We use SSL certificate
We use Razorpay for processing domestic payments and Paypal for international payments. We/Razorpay do not store
your card data on their servers. The data is encrypted through the Payment
Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) when processing payment.
Your purchase transaction data is only used as long as is necessary to
complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase
transaction information is not saved.
Our payment gateway adheres to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by
the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands
like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card
information by our store and its service providers. For more insight,
you may also want to read terms and conditions of razorpay on https://razorpay.com and terms and conditions
of paypal on https://www.paypal.com/in/
Do we use 'cookies'?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service
provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web
browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's
systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain
process the items in your shopping cart. They are also used to help
us understand your preferences based on previous or current site
activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services. We
and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and
tools in the future.
Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in
order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We
may also use trusted third-party services that track this information
on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is
being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this
through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser
is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn
the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled
It won't affect the user's experience that make your site experience
more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's
Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive
experience for users.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
site. Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our
users based on previous visits to our site and other sites on the
Internet. Users may opt-out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting
Users are able to change their personal information:
By emailing us
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant
cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser
mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we allow third-party
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email,
establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients
the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells
out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the
NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one
Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal
information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply have
Last Edited on 2019-05-13